Saint Therese of Lisieux is also know as “the Little Flower” and offers daily inspiration as a model of sanctity for Christians to grow their spirituality. Although her life was far from easy, she approached each day with great passion and would spread peace & joy to all that she met. Her commitment and great love for the goodness of Christ is a shining guide for all of us.
Just as she received divine guidance from through a vision from God, St. Therese wishes to offer guidance in our lives today. Before we dive head first into the bustling day, she reminds us of the importance of practicing mindfulness and to secure our credit early in the morning. Depositing our thoughts & intentions to the attention of God at the start of the day forms a powerful collateral for everything that we shall experience.
Mornings are the best time for us to develop a strong connection to Christ and to call on his grace & mercy for all our plans to unfold smoothly throughout the day. We as God’s people are prepared and ready for challenges. Instead of blindly allowing the unfolding events to take control of our lives, we are called to make plans so that we are in full control of the day.
Your Actions Are Backed By Deposits
“Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go,for to you I lift up my soul. Deliver me from my enemies, O LORD! I have fled to you for refuge. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God! Let your good Spirit lead me on level ground!” - Mark 1:35
Mornings are the best time for us to get connected to God. St. Therese reminds us that it is important to always align your daily intentions so that He can supervise the good work that we accomplish, and our merciful father in Heaven extends his divine credit to all who call upon Him. Before we seek to withdraw miracles & blessings from the bank of God, let us also take some time to establish a secure connection in His divine love.
But what do we pray about? If you’re unsure or feeling a little lost here are some topics that
- Thanksgiving & gratitude – a great way to start all of your prayers is to first give thanks to God for His providence and blessings
- Lift up your worries, stress and uncertainty – any dark clouds hanging around that are making you feel down? Take your worries & cares to the Lord! If our heavenly father was willing to send His only son down to suffer in our stead, imagine what He will do when He sees his children in pain and calling out to Him for help!
- Pray for wisdom, strength & grace – ask God for the wisdom to overcome all challenges foreseen & unforeseen
- Ask for guidance – Whilst we rely on our own wisdom & intuition to make our plans let us also supplement them with the wisdom of the Lord and draw from His everlasting divinity
- Request divine protection – Don’t forget to ask pray for protection, not just for yourselves but also your loved ones and friends!
- Intercede for others – God loves it when we pray on behalf of others! As an active member of the community in Christ, we can also ask for Lord to dispense his blessings onto others
Let the Lord know of your plans every morning and He will see to it that you will prosper!
Grow Your Assets Early
“In the morning sow your seed, and at evening withhold not your hand, for you do not know which will prosper, this or that, or whether both alike will be good.“ - Ecclesiastes 11:6
Our Lord Jesus used to pray in solitude early in the morning, before the sun even started to rise, before going out to spread the good news! God’s mercy is fresh every morning and the time that you spend in quiet contemplation shall go long way to establish a solid foundation for your life.
Prayer isn’t simply about asking God for things that we want, but rather for Him to grant us the wisdom to achieve great things in our lives. God loves it when we take the initiative to grow our assets and to spread His love to others.